Monday, April 25, 2011

Body by Vi Challenge - Week 2 Review

At the official end of Week 2, I 'm down 7 pounds.  And celebrating!

I did one shake a day every day except one day I did none.  I did make it to the gym 4 times. Improvement.  It's funny how just knowing I am making an effort for health, even something as simple as making a shake, is starting to make me want to do just a wee bit more to try harder.  Plus, now that I've lost a few pounds I like how moving toward my goal feels so much that I want to keep doing it!

The shake flavors I tried this week were:

Root Beer Float - 2 scoops shake mix, 4-6 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 4-8 oz. diet root beer, and 4-6 ice cubes.  My husband and I split it for dessert and it was delicious!!  Highly recommend.

Berry Classic - this one I used to make with straight whey protein prior to starting this challenge.  This one is my husband's favorite:  1 cup frozen mixed berries (the big Rader Farms bag from Costco is way economical for this), 2 scoops shake mix, enough water to be even with top of ingredients.  Blend and enjoy.  I find mixing it with the shake mix keeps me much fuller than when I just did straight whey protein.  You can add a tablespoon of flaxseed oil too if desired for extra Omegas.

Chocolate Banana - 2 scoops shake mix, 8-12 oz. unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1/2 banana. 

The variety is fun, but honestly right now, that is the least of my concerns.  I've liked all the shake varieties I've tried so far, so any of them are good for me.  My Dad mixes his shake mix in his coffee - like a creamer.  He said it was delicious and other coffee drinkers I've shared that with agreed.  Definitely more economical than Starbucks! 

I referred three people and got my kit, which is big enough for my husband and I to each have a daily shake, for free.   

So, by the end of week two I had two people tell me I look like I had lost weight.  Awesome awesome.  I read once that many people won't notice a weight gain/loss of five pounds but 10 is definitely noticeable.  I was in despair when I first read that comment because I had gained 20.  But now I'm happy 'cause I'm close to having lost 10!  Oh, the emotional roller coaster of weight management.

The plan is still easy, yummy, economical and convenient.  I have no complaints at this point going into week three.  I've noticed in myself and others that are trying it too that it seems like I don't lose for a few days and then suddenly,  sizeable weight loss. 

Since my weight is coming off at a much faster rate than I expected, I plan to take my update pictures every 2 weeks.  It will take some courage to post those, so I'll post them on a day I'm feeling extra saucy and invincible. 

On to week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment