Sunday, April 17, 2011

Body by Vi Challenge - Week One Review

So, the first day I drank a shake for breakfast - I just put shake mix and plain unsweetened almond milk in a blender.  I liked how fast my breakfast was ready.  And no dishes to wash - rinse the blender and cap and voila.  This could have a very good compound effect in my life as there are many mornings I simply don't have time to cook or pack something healthy.  I drank it, it tasted good, kind of like melted cookies and cream ice cream.  I was full (completely full) for 2 1/2 hours before hunger started slowly creeping in.  I try to eat every 3 hours anyway to keep my metabolism stoked and avoid hunger and overeating, so this model works well.  My husband doesn't usually eat again until lunch and had no problem waiting until lunch.  He said he was hungry by lunchtime, but wasn't suffering at all in the morning.  The mix is 90 calories and then if you add unsweetened almond milk, it adds 40-60 calories, depending on how much milk you add.  So, 150 calories and full.  Nice.  Even if I did my egg/egg white & oatmeal breakfast, it's around 350-400 calories.

The next day I hopped on the scale because I am a lab rat in my own perpetual life experiment and even though experts always say there is no logical reason to weigh yourself every single day, too bad.  The scale is part of my morning ritual.  Down 2.4 pounds!  Wha?!?!  Seriously?!?!  I got giddy because it's so easy so far. 

I did shakes for breakfast all week and am down a total of five pounds.  My plan is on the weekends or nights when I know my diet is going to be unsavory, perhaps consider a shake for lunch too to allow myself a little calorie deficit going into the evening.  It's all about doing something that allows you to continue living life in a reasonable way, right?  I ended up doing that three times this week because we had so many social activities going on.  Other than the shakes, I really didn't try much this week.  I only made it to the gym twice and we ate out Wednesday night, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  So, me holding five pounds through this is pretty amazing.

Usually when we eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant, for whatever reason, the next morning I am up 3-4 POUNDS on the scale and it takes me half a week to get my weight back down.  I don't know if it's sodium or bean bloat or what the heck is going on there.  But it happens every time.  This weekend, the MAM (morning-after-Mexican) was 0.  I held my weight loss to the OUNCE.  Another delightful surprise. 

The final delightful surprise:  variation.  My three favorite shakes this week were:

1.  Plain Jane: Shake + 10 oz. unsweetened almond milk  (unsweetened almond milk adds a nice consistency and if it's unsweetened, 0 sugar to the shake.)  It's delicious.

2.  Orange Dream: Shake + 8 oz. OJ + Ice (I nixed the ice because my blender is elderly and just can't do it anymore, poor old girl).  Tastes like an Orange Julius which is why I feel that this once again is a little too delightful to be a diet.

3.  Choc Peanut Butter: Shake + 8-12 oz. unsweetened chocolate almond milk + 1 spoonful (1 TBSP if unsure) of peanut butter (careful, a spoon is plenty and don't go overboard with fat and calories by putting a ginormo spoonful in. It doesn't need it).  It's really really good.

The shakes are so good that I literally find myself looking forward to them.  And like tonight, we ate out for lunch and I'm opting to skip leftovers for a shake for dinner. 

The last thing to report is that both my husband and I have reported to each other independently that we are feeling so much more "even" this week.  Like a calm feeling of well-being. 

For a first week on a "diet", I'm thinking this is a pretty good fit.  I have not suffered, I have not killed myself trying (although I do plan to resume my workout schedule soon), and my life is virtually the same and I lost weight.  I like the product's taste so much I look forward to it.  I just haven't found a downside yet.

We went to the grocery store today and restocked our oj/milk supplies and got some new things to make new flavors this week as well as food for our non-shake meals.  My grocery bill was exactly half of last week (almost to the penny).  It's because we know what we are having for particular meals of the day now.  Instead of haphazardly buying food "options" for the week or buying multiple things for meals, it's bringing our cost of living down.  I can live with that.

My husband and I both are down 5 pounds the first week. 

If you want to know more, visit http://melissamcgarvey.bodybyvi.com/     If you decide you want to purchase this shake you can order it on that site and I get credit for the sale, which I really appreciate.  If you purchase the shake and refer three friends who buy it too, yours is free.  I'm happy to help you do that if this interests you.  There are a lot of opportunities with this product and company.  I'm going to pursue the business piece as well because I'm in the spa business and that supports this kind of a product.  But people who aren't in a traditional business are realizing huge financial perks from being associated with this company as well.  Some get free BMW's (it's not as hard as you think) and some are making anything from "a little extra money" each month to making 6 figures a month.    If you want to see how the business side of this company works, I am happy to give you the details as well so you can see if it is a good fit for you.  Either way, I'm pumped about my progress this week and am looking very forward to week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment